Sunday, June 7, 2009

The End to a New Beginning..

So I first off wanna throw a shout to 2 people: Aaron Valentine and Alex Richey. They provided me the opportunity to read their blogs and their words for real hit me and made me see that I can express my feelings through my words.

I felt the need to express my feelings because my life is going through so much right now and I should take the time to keep you all posted on where I am in life and how I feel. In the past month, I've started to realize that I'm pretty much a grown adult now. Yeah, I may still have child-like tendencies in me, but who doesn't?

I don't think that my graduation has fully set in yet. I still hope to see everyone every once in a while, well at least my good friends that I associated myself with everyday. But I don't get the whole summer to socialize. I'm starting early. I start in 10 days. When I arrive to Ft. Jackson, SC, my life and my career is officially starting. I chose to serve my country in the United States Army, and I haven't regretted my decision to this day. I think that I will do a great job serving and I thank Terrence Johnson for that because without him, I would never have had the courage to do such a brave thing.

To all my friends and family members, I wanna say thanks. I know I have caused everyone some kind of heartache of some sort, but I have always tried my hardest to make all of you proud. I will truly miss everyone while I'm away.

To myself, I wanna thank you for the hard work and determination you have showed. It wasn't always easy for you, but you gave 110% at everything, and your success will show, soon. Let the road take you where you need to go. Keep your head held high, and everything can always be worse.

Until next time.

M. Callis

No comments:

Post a Comment